2017 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
COMTO is a multi-ethnic, non-profit, national organization founded in 1971 to address multi-cultural transportation needs and issues. COMTO is committed to the professional, educational and business development of its members. COMTO has grown to include transportation professionals at every level of the industry in a variety of fields and disciplines.
The New York Chapter of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO-New York) is pleased to announce its 2017 Scholarship Program. COMTO-New York believes education is a core foundation for excellence in the transportation industry and the various careers it offers.
COMTO-NY Chapter will be awarding scholarships this year ranging from $1,000 to $3,500 each. Our scholarship program is committed to providing financial support to minority students and help them maximize their educational potential. We invite you to apply for one of our scholarships.
COMTO-New York Scholarship Eligibility
- Minority students graduating high school in 2017 pursuing an Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, engineering, transportation, urban studies or related fields;
- Minority students graduating high school in 2017 enrolling in a trade/technical/vocational school;
- Minority students currently enrolled in a trade/technical/vocation school
- Minority college students currently pursuing an Undergraduate/Graduate degree in business, engineering, public administration, transportation, urban studies or related fields;
- Candidates must be enrolled with a minimum of twelve (12) semester credit hours for the 2017 Fall Semester.
- Candidate and/or family member of candidate must be a member of COMTO-NY member in good standing. *
- Candidates must reside within the New York Tri-State Region (NY, NJ, CT), must provide proof of United States citizenship (list of approved documents attached) and must have a *2.5 or greater cumulative GPA.
COMTO-New York will be accepting applications for our 2017 Scholarship Program in April 2017. Applications must be complete and postmarked (if filing electronically you must possess a COMTO – New York email receipt confirmation) no later than Monday, May 15, 2017 to be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.