To assist women pursuing education and professional careers in transportation-related fields, the Greater New York Chapter of WTS invites eligible women to apply for scholarships, including:
• Leonard Braun Memorial Scholarship for $4,000 is awarded to encourage women to pursue career paths in transportation. The local winner may advance to the national Helen M. Overly Memorial Scholarship competition.
• National Leadership Legacy Award for $2,000 is awarded to a student, pursuing a graduate degree in transportation or a related field, who demonstrates leadership skills and an active commitment to community service.
• Susan Miszkowicz Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship for $3,500 is awarded to encourage bright new professionals to undertake careers in transportation and related fields. The local winner may advance to the national Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship competition.
• Susan L. Kupferman Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship for $2,000 is awarded to New York City undergraduate students who graduated from a New York City public high school and is interested in undertaking careers in the field of transportation and related fields.
• Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduates for $3,500 is awarded to a woman who demonstrates leadership skills, ability and interest in the field of transportation and related fields. The local winner may advance to the national Molitoris Leadership Scholarship competition.
• Trade School and Community College Scholarship for $1,000 is awarded to encourage women to pursue career paths in transportation.
• Transportation YOU High School Scholarships for $1,000 are awarded to outstanding high school students interested in undertaking careers in transportation and studying math, science, engineering or technology. WTS Greater New York will award two scholarships, one for a student in New York and one for a student in New Jersey.
Application forms are located at: http://www.wtsinternational.org/greaternewyork/scholarships/
Eligible female applicants must meet the following criteria:
•GPA of 3.00
•Enrolled in or accepted to a degree program in a transportation-related field, such as engineering, planning and logistics, in New York or New Jersey
•Special criteria as noted on the individual application forms
Applications must be postmarked or emailed no later than Friday, June 12, 2020. Email the completed package (single combined PDF with all forms and backup materials) to firstname.lastname@example.org.