COMTO has grown to more than 3,000 members in 41 chapters across the nation. We represent the more than three million minorities in the United States who work in all modes of the transportation industry. From highways and roads to mass transit systems; from subways to rail systems and from port authorities to airports.
COMTO members represent every facet of the transportation industry. This includes trucking, taxi and limousine services as well. Our members are individuals, students, entrepreneurs, transportation agencies, corporations, academic institutions, non-profits and Historically underutilized businesses (HUBs). We are the presidents and chief executive officers who determine the direction of major transportation systems and the mechanics and operators who ensure the safe passage of millions of transportation riders every day.
Individual Membership | Annual Dues: $125
Individual Membership includes any person who is:
- An employee or a policy board member of a public agency (transit agencies, airports, State DOTs, port authorities, rail companies, metropolitan planning organizations, and federal agencies);
- An employee of a business engaged in the transportation industry or an employee of a business engaged in the supply of transportation goods and services.
Student Membership | Annual Dues: $50
Student membership includes any person who is currently a full-time high school, undergraduate or graduate student with a major or minor program of study in transportation, planning or a related field.
Academic Membership | Annual Dues: $1,000
Academic Institution membership includes colleges, universities, vocational, technology and trade schools.
Non-Profit Organization Membership | Annual Dues: $500
Nonprofit Organization membership includes 501(c)e, 501(c)4 and 501(c)6 organizations, and Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
HUB Business Organization Membership | Annual Dues: Vary depending on size
Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) membership includes Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), Airport Concession DBEs (ACDBE), Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs), Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), Veteran Business Enterprises (VBEs), and Disabled Veterans Business Enterprises (DVBEs) that: 1) supply goods and services to the transportation industry; 2) provide professional consultations services; 3) engage in the construction of transportation facilities; and/or 4) provide professional management services. Dues for this group are reduced to assist small businesses who are certified as any of the categories listed in the first sentence. Gross sales or billings must be $250,000 or less. If higher, the regular “Private Business” dues schedule prevails. Additional HUB membership benefits include:
- All General Membership Benefits
- Up totwo included company representatives
- Logo listed on the COMTO website
- One quarter-page advertisement in an issue of Accelerate
- One quarter-page advertisement in the National Conference program
- Reserved seat on the HUB Committee
Private Sector and Transportation Agencies | Annual Dues: Vary depending on size
Private Sector membership includes all private sector firms except for Historically Underutilized Businesses that:
- Supply goods and services to the transportation industry;
- Provide professional consultation services;
- Engage in the construction of transportation facilities;
- Provide professional management services
Transportation Agency membership includes those entities (transit agencies, airports, State DOTs, port authorities, rail companies, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, and Federal agencies) operating any form of organized transportation systems within the boundaries of the United States or its territories and possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico. Public agencies include all modes of transportation and multi-modal organizations.
Membership Benefits for Private Sector and Transportation Agency Members
- All General Members benefits
- Up to 4 included company representatives
- Logo listed on COMTO website
- One half-page advertisement in an issue of Accelerate
- One half-page advertisement in the National Conference program
- Reserved seat on the Corporate Advisory Committee