COMTO Scholarship Program The New York Chapter of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) is pleased to announce its 2019-2020 Scholarship. COMTO believes education is a core foundation for excellence in the transportation and any other field of study. Our scholarship program is committed to providing financial support to minority students to help them maximize their educational potential. We invite you to apply for one of our scholarships in the near future. SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION The New York Chapter of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) offers a variety of scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,500 to deserving students in the region. The number of scholarships and the amounts for the 2019-2020 academic year will be determined following a full review of the applications and donations received. Selections are made by a team of industry professionals and/or representatives from the academic community. APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS:
- US. citizens currently enrolled full-time and graduating high school seniors, undergraduate students or graduate students in a transportation industry-related academic program at an accredited college, university or vocational-trade school. Candidates must be enrolled with a minimum of twelve (12) semester credit hours per semester.
- Member of a racial minority group (African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and races).
- Applicants must either be a resident of the New York Tri-State Region (NY, NJ, CT) or attending a college or vocational-technical school
- Applicants must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or greater cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be either a COMTO student member or referred by a member of COMTO NY in good standing.
- Winners are required to attend the COMTO New York Scholarship Award Event.